27 September 2010

Bold, Bright Bananas at Prada

Critics have been going bananas for Prada's Spring 2011 collection, which is fitting because the fashion-forward dresses and prints actually featured bananas and moneys. I bet you never thought you'd see the name Prada associated with bananas (or monkeys), but take a look at her spring collection to see what all the buzz has been about. I'm still deciding whether or not I think this collection was a "powerful idea perfectly executed," as Suzy Menkes said, or a vision that has been lost amidst a sea of neon pink and yellow bananas.



Two yellow dancing monkeys paired with a lime green and black striped skirt? Where on earth would you wear this colorful ensemble? Not even the shoes can redeem this look for me.



How much for a Prada top covered completely in bananas? At least the shoes are beautiful...



Will I anger the fashion gods if I write that I think this outfit is downright hideous?



Now we're getting somewhere! I really love this look. I'd love to see it accessorized off the runway, too.


More happy, dancing monkeys! If a celebrity were to wear this dress to a red carpet event, would she end up on the worst dressed list, or would critics applaud her sense of adventure in fashion?



Fantastic suit! I would love to wear this and bring my own spin to it. I'd like to get a better look at those shoes, too.

To see the complete Prada Spring 2011 collection, go to style.com, the website from whence these photos came!

No comments:

Post a Comment