19 April 2011

April Showers Bring...Royal Weddings?


I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages! I have a truly excellent excuse, though. I've been utterly glued to non-stop, round-the-clock Royal Wedding coverage. Yes, I've watched everything from the cheesy Lifetime movie "William and Kate" (which I'd like to watch again if Newcastle would hurry up and lose to ManU) to BBC specials and even some sort of TV Guide Hollywood 411 special. I've also been yoked to the official Royal Wedding website, Royal blogs, the BBC's coverage, and CNN International's updates. In short, I haven't missed a moment of the madness.

What makes this wedding so special? Well, first and foremost, I love England. Absolutely love it. If you can find a bigger Anglophile in the U.S., please introduce me. I could wax on nostalgically about the many reasons that I love this great nation forever, so I won't bore you with that. What is the other reason that has me following the wedding details of two people I've never met? Quite simply, I'm always excited when anyone who has been in a long-term relationship finally makes it official. There's something extra meaningful about a union that has been a decade in the making. Kate waited a long time for this moment, and I'm just really happy for her. Perhaps it's also a sign of hope for the rest of us in long-term relationships that there could be an engagement at the end of the tunnel.

I had great hopes of preparing exciting and interesting posts about London this month, but that ship has nearly sailed. The wedding is just ten days away! Perhaps then I can carry on with my normal daily activities, but, for now, there's Royal Wedding coverage on somewhere, and I'm going to find it!

Cheers for now!

1 comment:

  1. Everybody saw the Royal Wedding. Wasn’t it just lovely? I am also getting married this year in a fine convention center and I am hiring one of the best wedding planner for my wedding who is going to make my wedding a royal one. I am very excited for the day.

    ReplyDelete