13 January 2010

Tony Blair to Work for LVMH?


Skimming through the headlines on The Cut this morning, I noticed one name in particular that did not fit in with the others: Tony Blair, of course. What is Tony Blair doing being referenced on The Cut and, furthermore, what is he doing in the fashion world now that he is no longer at the helm of England?

According to British Elle, Blair might be signing on to work as an adviser for LVHM! How fabulous would that be? I love Tony Blair and I love LVMH, so combining the two together sounds like a wonderful idea, at least in theory. I didn't even know that he and Bernauld Arnault were pals, but apparently they are.

I love the idea of a formerly successful political leader being a part of a huge European conglomerate, but I wonder if the equation could work the other way. Could Barack Obama ask Michael Kors to be his VP when he runs again? Or how about asking Alber Elbaz to serve as the Secretary of State? I might actually be interested in politics if folks like Elbaz, Karl Lagerfeld, and Nicholas Ghesquiere were elected (or appointed!) officials.

Stay posted to see if the tip turns out to be true regarding Blair and LVMH. And in the meantime, I'm going to start working on my Michael Kors for VP campaign buttons (sorry, Joe!).

No comments:

Post a Comment