22 March 2010

The Return of "Five Days, Five Looks, One Girl"


My favorite feature at Vogue.com had been on hiatus for awhile, sadly. I was thrilled to discover this morning that the Inside Vogue column, "Five Days, Five Looks, One Girl," had finally returned. You may recall that this was a column in which real-life Vogue staffers showcased their style for one week, describing five head-to-toe looks that were worn to the illustrious Conde Nast Office in Times Square. Previous contributors included Meredith Melling Burke, Indre Rockefeller, Veronica Gledhill, Sophie Pera, and Sally Singer, to name a few. This week's contributor is Vogue Beauty Writer, Catherine Piercy.

I really love Piercy's style. I love that she's rockin' a short haircut, which is a refreshing change from the more obligatory long locks that tend to grace many editors. I'm also fond of the way she wears feminine pieces in a tough or roughed-up-around-the-edges way. I'm usually found in skirts and dresses with opaque tights, too, so I find myself relating to a Vogue editor here.

My favorite look for the week? Probably Day 2, mostly because I am deeply coveting that striking Vena Cava t-shirt.

For more from "Five Days, Five Looks, One Girl," check out the complete feature over at Vogue's website: www.vogue.com. This picture of Catherine Piercy is also from Vogue's website.

No comments:

Post a Comment