16 October 2009

Have Prada Sandal, Will Travel : Prada Resort 2010





Passport? Check. Snazzy, hot pink passport cover? Check. Dream destination? Check. Prada sandals from the Resort 2010 collection? Er, no...



Let me back-track here.




I'm usually not an advocate of resort collections, whether that be for High Street or Main Street. Well, the Prada Resort 2010 collection completely changed my mind. I know that this collection was presented back in June, but the gorgeous looks from the runway are just now trickling into the November fashion magazines, so I've had a chance to see them in all of their sartorial splendor.



This was a collection that combined the best of both worlds for me: fashion and travel. I love the mixed prints, whimsical colors, muted and bold shades. I could just picture myself wearing any of these looks while jetting to Sydney, Seoul, Tokyo, Palermo, Istanbul, etc., etc.




It was the shoes that really stole my heart though. With brightly patterned sashes around the ankles, dynamic prints, and a multitude of styles, Miuccia truly ousted the competition here. There are even nude and black varieties for the less-daring fashionista.



If ever there were shoes worthy of an exotic destination (and a bit of a splurge), surely these would be the ones.










1 comment:

  1. You are a True Shoe Lover. :) But even I would wear those, they're great!

    ReplyDelete