29 November 2010

Angelina Jolie Again?! *Yawn*

Angelina Jolie is no stranger to the pages of Vogue. In fact, she's been a cover model now four times since 2002. I'm still trying to understand what Vogue's fascination is with her. I don't find her to be a terribly interesting person, although I applaud her for her various humanitarian efforts. I don't think her sense of style is that fantastic, especially given the fact that she has access to any garment under the sun. And her personal life isn't too exciting (to me) either. Most importantly, I haven't been too intrigued by any of her subsequent covers. They just strike me as your run-of-the-mill celebrity cover designed to appeal to the masses instead to the niche fashion crowd. Maybe I'm off base here. Take a look at the covers for yourself.



This cover from April 2002 is by far my favorite. Annie Leibovitz shot the image, and it actually has a fashion presence to me.



The March 2004 cover by Mario Testino isn't bad either. Gorgeous dress!



The January 2007 cover, which was frequently paired with Jennifer Aniston's Vogue cover (in which Aniston also posed in a red dress). Celebrity feuds really do not belong in the pages of Vogue. I considered this cover (and the story) a low-point.
(**cover image from www.shoppingandinfo.com**)



And we have the December 2010 cover. I love the blue background and hot pink type. Oh, and the Tom Ford dress. But that's about it...

(** all images from Google search**)

2 comments:

  1. I do love her distinctive features. So many folks in Hollywood all look alike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does have a unique look about her. I agree. I'm just so nostalgic for the days when models covered fashion magazines. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete