01 December 2010

Holiday Wish List

It's a bit early to begin composing holiday wish lists (especially considering my sister's and my most time-honored holiday tradition is to begin our Christmas shopping the day before Christmas Eve), but I've been inspired to compile a list of gifts for those of you who are out and about holiday shopping. Perhaps one of these gifts will suit someone on your holiday shopping list, or strike your own fancy.



I have a soft spot for quality stationery, and Crane is by far my favorite choice. I especially love the Giraffe Print Letterpress Notes in ecru/ white. A box of ten cards and envelopes can be yours (or your recipient's) for $19 at crane.com.



I've been collecting DK Eyewitness Travel Guides since middle school. My first DK guide was purchased back when I was in the sixth grade and was for- you guessed it- the UK. I now have close to thirty DK guides and would love to add this one to my collection.



What better way to celebrate the holidays than with the Choir of New College! A world-renowned choir, the Choir of New College releases musical recordings that are available in the UK (naturally) and at amazon.com. Check out the choir's website, too, at http://www.newcollegechoir.com/. I have heard them in person, and they are magical.


Balenciaga Paris Eau de Parfum. Bergdorf Goodman describes it as "a demure violet with airy blossom and delicate peppery notes. A fragrance that is mysterious and fragile, yet leaves a lasting trail." Last year my boyfriend gave me perfume from Lanvin; perhaps Balenciaga will be next?


Prim Premium Chain Point Court Shoes (quite the title, eh?) from Top Shop are fashionable enough to wear when one is out on the town, yet conservative enough to wear to the office. I love the ankle chains, which would be perfect with tights.



These Radcliffe Camera Bookends are available at the Bodleian Library's online site, or at the shop in Oxford. If I had my way, an entire room in my apartment would be furnished in Oxford memorabilia. These bookends, at 250 GBP, would be a great way to start.



A classic decanter for the wino or liquor connoisseur on everyone's holiday list. This particular square variety is available from Pottery Barn for only $25.

I have a weakness for lip balm and have always wanted to try Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Lip Treatment balm. I've been deterred from trying it by the high price tag ($25), but still think it is the ultimate gift for fellow lip balm addicts this Christmas.



And, finally, this pink diamond engagement ring from Asprey- a ring so stunning that it might even make Kate Middleton jealous. Price upon request, of course.


Happy holidays, dear friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment