01 November 2010

The Perennial Accessory: Scarves

If there's one accessory that has really spiked in popularity lately, it'd have to be the scarf. Scarves can be worn with anything to jazz up any outfit. They can be worn year-round. And, the best part, they are available at every price (I won't say "price point" because that annoys me to death). For the longest time, I had been on a tremendous shoe kick (and I still kind of am), but my accessory focus slowly shifted to that of the accessory, especially once I realized all the style aid that a scarf can lend to a wardrobe. On my most recent jaunt through Europe, I picked up two super-stylish patterned scarves, one in Bologna and another at the Top Shop (Is there any other store?) in London. I've already worn them more times than I can count.

One of my new favorite scarf hubs is Echo Design. They have more varieties and patterns of scarves than you could wear in a lifetime. The price range is pretty generous, too. There are truly scarves for every budget and every taste. Here are a few of my favorite designs from their website:



The "feather formation" scarf is pricey at $78, but with a pattern like this, it's probably the only accessory you'll ever need. It's also my favorite scarf from Echo Design's website. This scarf can turn even the dullest ensemble into something truly noteworthy. I'd love to add it to my scarf collection.



The "crowned jewels" scarf is fit for a queen, and it has a price tag to match, at $98. This silk scarf is so sumptuous in its rich color palette and design. It's also available in three different colors and varieties, so snatch them all up if you can.



The "printed embroidery" scarf will lend itself well to a blank canvas. This scarf, at $58, touts itself as offering "the look of embroidery without the sewing." The benefits? The fabric will not snag a thread. This beauty is available in silk in multiple colors.



The "cheetah velvet smoke ring" scarf is designed to be worn in a ring, as the name would suggest. Some companies (Banana Republic, for instance) refer to this style as the "infinity" scarf, but it basically means that the scarf is worn almost like a necklace, as opposed to draped or wrapped.



And here it is in "ring" form. I think this would be a beautiful way to accent an all-black evening ensemble. So chic, and for $58, it might be one of the least expensive ways to tailor an outfit to your individual taste.

For more images of beautiful scarves from Echo Design, check out their full online collection at www.echodesign.com. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Scarves have definitley helped me step up my wardrobe this year! these ones are lovely...thanks for posting them. I picked up a bunch when I was travelling in Turkey this year and they go with everything :-)

    ReplyDelete