27 August 2010

Is that Barbara Bush?!


I never thought I'd see a Bush not named Lauren in a magazine as progressive, fashion-forward, and avant garde as V magazine. Not only is it a surprise to see a Bush in V, but a Bush photographed by Terry Richardson.Those two names just don't go together to me!

But, sure enough, here she is, styled with a nod to the 70s. I'm not too fond of this ensemble for her. I think she actually has pretty excellent personal style, and has looked much better than this. I met Barbara and her sister in person once and while everyone else was lining up to ask them questions about their father's campaign (*yawn*), I was quick to ask Barbara where she found those amazing shoes she was wearing (they were Jenna's).

The rest of the photos in this shoot are rather lackluster, too, though I was happy to see Lisa Airan engaging in fashion outside of the world of Vogue. The idea is also kind of stale (young society doyennes). Nevertheless, I'm happy to see Barbara getting out there and trying something new. Maybe she'll follow in the fashionable footsteps of her cousin, Lauren, one of my absolute favorite arbiters of style and taste.

(**Photo from V courtesy of nymag.com/daily/fashion**)

No comments:

Post a Comment