26 September 2010

From London: Jonathan Saunders Spring RTW 2011

I know that collections are currently being presented in Milan and that I am (as usual) way behind in viewing said collections. I've slowly been making my way through the collections from London, though, and Jonathan Saunders is without a doubt my favorite so far. I love his use of color, accessories (namely, shoes), and prints. Check out a few of my favorite looks from the Spring 2011 RTW runway:


I posted this look mainly so you could check out these glorious shoes. How do I love these shoes? Let me count the ways... Spectacular. I would wear them forever. I'm also mad for that belt. Fantastic use of accessories here.


I'm not usually one for shorts, but there is something about this look that I cannot resist. Again, you have the fantastic belt and exquisite shoes, but there is something about the continuous line of this outfit that I love. This model pulls off the look flawlessly, too. I adore that pale skin!



This look is one of my favorites because I would wear the entire look, from head to toe. In fact, I have worn something so similar to this that I might have to post my own "What I Wore" inspired post and recreate this ensemble.



What a fantastic dress for spring! The bright orange and turquoise instantly brought a smile to my face.



This is another perfect dress for spring (or even fall, if worn with a blazer). If the dress were a bit longer, I also think it would be ideal for the office. These shoes are also a girl's best friend for their magical ability to instantly lengthen legs.

While I loved the colorful pieces in this collection, I really didn't care for the designer's all-black statements. I have very few black pieces in my own wardrobe, so I might have an initial bias, but take a look at these pieces for yourself:


So many of the other looks in the collection had a childlike innocence that I loved. This sheer, midriff-revealing dress certainly does not. I also feel that it adds very little to the overall cohesiveness of this collection.



Despite the beautiful shoes, I really didn't care for the overall look. Too short, too sheer, too sexy for my taste.

While the collection was not perfect (What collection is?!), of the 37 looks, I found at least 30 to be beautiful, interesting, or wearable. Well done, Mr. Saunders!

(** all images from style.com**)

1 comment:

  1. OOooh I love that blue and turquoise dress too! Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete