10 September 2010

Grace Gravitates Towards Redheads


It's official- I'm dying my hair red. In a brief blog post from The Cut ("In Fashion, Redheads Stick Together," 9/10/10), Grace Coddington recountedwhy she was initially drawn to current Glamour executive fashion editor, Anne Christensen, when she hired her as her assistant at Vogue many moons ago. "You go toward a redhead. At least subliminally," Grace told The Cut. I'm guessing that Ms. Christensen had many other notable attributes which made her worthy of a gig at Vogue, but it sounds like being a redhead may have given her an additional leg (head?) up on the competition.

Other noteworthy redheads in the biz include blogger Jane Aldridge (at least, I think she is a natural redhead...), Karen Elson, and Maggie Rizer.

Now if you'll excuse me, I must make my way to Target so that I can procure a lovely shade of strawberry blonde to color my hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment