11 September 2010

Wonderful Wu: Spring RTW 2011

I'm still sifting through the collections that have shown so far this week in New York, but Jason Wu's work has been an immediate stand-out. I am in love with this collection! It's wearable, varied, whimsical, colorful, and sophisticated. Sure, those words get thrown around quite often, but when you see these photos, you'll agree.


There's almost nothing I adore more in fashion than mixed prints and patterns. The top is obviously too sheer, but that can be fixed.


I would love to see this dress styled with a fitted blazer, opaque tights, and sculptural shoes for fall.


This look is pure perfection on porcelain, untanned skin. A look this classy and sophisticated just couldn't be achieved by applying bronzer (or the harsh rays of the sun) to the skin. I love it.


This outfit beckons to be worn in the South of France. Glamorous and, if paired with a nude camisole, sophisticated in an understated way.


I can't resist this beautiful look! It's not the most fashion-forward look we've seen from Wu, but it's endlessly wearable. And isn't that the most important thing to consider when accumulating new pieces these days?


Is it possible that this dress could also be made in ivory and blush? I'm hearing wedding bells...

(** photos courtesy of style.com**)

No comments:

Post a Comment