24 November 2009

Bazaar's Best Dressed 2009

Though December is not an exciting time in fashion, the December issues of my most beloved magazines are among my favorites for the entire year. That is chiefly due to the fabulous best dressed lists which are compiled for December. Topping the list of, well, lists is definitely Harper's Bazaar. Each year their best dressed list is organized, original, and insightful, succinctly capturing the year's most prominent trends and inspiring looks.

Here are my highlights from Bazaar's wonderful best dressed list for 2009:

1) Michelle Obama in everything from Thakoon to J.Crew to Jason Wu. Our First Lady stole the show across the board this year.

2) Emma Watson in shiny gold Burberry Prorsum. Burberry's new campaign face sparkled from head to toe in 2009 with winning look after winning look.

3) Model/actress Amber Valletta in Proenza Schouler. I'm not sure where she wore this metallic number, but it caught my eye instantly.

4) Jennifer Connelly in Balmain and the most knocked-off shoes of the year. This also happened to be my favorite look for 2009. No wonder Connelly is the new face for Balmain's ads.

5) Blake Lively in bubblegum pink Michael Kors. Simple, yet sophisticated and sweet. Just like Lively herself.

6) Ashley Olsen in a white, long-sleeved, floor-length dress from her own line, the Row. I love just about everything Ashley Olsen wears and this was definitely one of my favorites.

7) Poppy Delevingne in a dress from Ralph Lauren Collection, leather jacket, and flat gladiator sandals. This outfit first appeared in one of Vogue's weekly best dressed lists, and it remained one of my favorite looks from 2009.

8) Leighton Meester in short, geometric Louis Vuitton and bright red platform heels. Love, love, love this dress!

9) Gwyneth Paltrow in Burberry Prorsum. I wasn't sure about this ruched skirt-graphic t-shirt look at first, but it eventually won me over. Not the most exciting look I've seen from Paltrow, but definitely interesting.

10) Agyness Deyn in Giles. The British style-maker turned heads all year in her unique and, at times, avant garde looks. This white blazer and short black dress was one of her many winning looks.



** To see the complete list of stand-out looks for 2009 from Harper's Bazaar, be sure to check out the December issue, or the feature online!

1 comment:

  1. Excellent and informative post, dear!
    I especially love the Emma Watson shout out. Watching her style evolve has been a real treat.

    ReplyDelete