04 November 2009

Lima or Louboutins? My age-old dilemma continues...

I am searching for fall and winter boots for the first time...ever. I've never been one for boots, always preferring flats or heels with textured tights to keep me warm through the cold months. It may seem silly to wear tights and flats through snow and sleet, but I'm constantly in a knee-length skirt or dress, so it just makes better sense for my formal style.


Yet, this season, with an influx of boots in all shapes and sizes (over-the-knee, ankle, "shooties"), I thought it would be both fashionable and, well, practical to branch out of my comfort zone and into fabulous boots. I'm keen on two different and distinct styles: slouchy suede or leather boots that I can wear over denim (I initially fought this trend once it popped up in the U.S., but why fight what actually works?) and dressy "shooties" or ankle boots for holiday parties and functions.

Thanks to the fine buyers at Bergdorf Goodman, I have already stumbled upon two fantastically chic ankle boots that would both jazz up my winter wardrobe... and stymie my travel plans for 2010. My winter line-up is in desperate need of some festive embellishments and additions, but my boyfriend and I had discussed taking a trip (anywhere in the world- my choice!) to celebrate our five-year anniversary in March. Sure, I would love to splurge on either of these shoe styles, but Hong Kong, Lima, or Istanbul potentially await. And, at close to $1600 for the above shoes, that's our airfare!

So, here, for all to covet, are the shoes that could possibly leave my passport a stamp or two short next year.


(Photo is off to the right, as I'm still dealing with technical difficulties with uploading images. I may have mentioned before that I'm more of a pen-and-Moleskine writer than blogger, so I'm still not proficient with the ins and outs of the blogger website.)

No comments:

Post a Comment