02 February 2010

Mr. Ford Goes to the Ocars

The nominations for the 2010 Academy Awards have been released, and one of our industry's own will be in the running! Tom Ford's film, "A Single Man," has been nominated for Best Picture along with a leading actor nod for Colin Firth. Ford didn't make the cut for Best Director, but this was only his first attempt (and a mighty good one at that!) at directing. I still haven't seen this fantastic film, which also stars Julianne Moore and Marcus from "About a Boy," Nicholas Hoult, but I'm hoping to catch it before the big awards show. I wonder if Mr. Ford will be asked that infamous question on Oscar night, "Who are you wearing?" Should be an easy answer!

If news that Tom Ford will be attending the Oscars isn't exciting enough, I'm also happy to report that "Coco Before Chanel" has been nominated for Costume Design. I'm quite sure that Karl Lagerfeld himself consulted for this film, so it might even be possible that Lagerfeld will also be in attendance, or at least on call. If I get to see Tom Ford and Karl Lagerfeld on television in the same night, I just might faint.

2 comments:

  1. Oops--not a "Single Man", it was "A Serious Man", the Coen Bros. flick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. That was a big mistake! Thanks for catching it, Em! I've been calling that movie by the wrong name for too long...

    ReplyDelete