09 February 2010

NYFW Update

New York Fashion Week is in full swing and the schedule has been posted online, so I've had a chance to check out who will be rocking the catwalk. I've divided the shows into three categories: shows I'm excited about, shows I'm curious/skeptical about, and shows that are destroying the fashion industry. Who was placed into which group? See below...

Shows I can't wait to see:


- Jason Wu (2009 was his year. 2010 should hold even better things for him)

- Doo. Ri

- Ohne Titel

- Alexander Wang

- Thakoon

- Erin Fetherston (Erin used to show in Paris, but now she's back in the U.S.)

- The Row (I love this line!!)

- Zero+ Maria Cornejo



Shows I'm curious about:


- Christian Siriano (possibly the only Project Runway alum who might actually have a future in fashion)

- Behnaz Sarafpour (Behnaz used to be one of my favorites, but she has kind of been overshadowed lately)

- Brian Reyes (Isn't LSD a huge fan?)

- Custo Barcelona (Cool ad campaigns, but sometimes strange shows)

- Elise Overland

- Marc Jacobs (Always a hit, but pics from his show will be popping up in every magazine from here to Timbuktu over the next three months)


Shows that are bringing down the industry:


- Kardashians for Bebe (Yikes, stripes! Could it get any worse??!)

- Rachel Zoe for QVC (Isn't it about time she disappeared? I've never been a Zoe fan, and I never will be a Zoe fan)


Who are you curious (and not so curious) to see?





2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what Brian Reyes does! According to InStyle his collection is inspired by a line from the poem "The Creation of the World" by Voluspa. Very intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's very cool! I definitely didn't know that. Thanks for posting!!

    ReplyDelete