18 October 2010

Our First Lady, the Style Star


One of my favorite style stars was in my neck of the woods yesterday with her husband, the man we all know as our President. I was so excited that the President and First Lady would be in town yesterday, but so disappointed that I wasn't able to take part in the celebratory excitement. Like any other Michelle Obama fashion-enthusiast, I had to turn to the website, Mrs. O, for photos of her from the weekend's events. Here she is in Cleveland wearing different gradations of navy and a fabulous print top. While there's no doubt that other First Ladies have had a certain style about them (Jackie O, anyone?), what I love most about Mrs. Obama is that she always looks professional, original, and youthful. She's also a friend to the fashion industry, choosing to support newer, unknown designers in lieu of the more traditional presidential favorites like Oscar de la Renta and Carolina Herrera.

I just love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment