05 October 2010

Valentino Spring 2011: Feminine, Romantic Bliss

The October 5th Paris collections have been, without a doubt, my favorite day of shows this entire season. Not only did Pier Paolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri put forth what was, in my estimation, their best collection for Valentino to date, but they also presented my favorite collection this season. I haven't seen Sarah Burton's collection for Alexander McQueen yet, but I know that I will still be reflecting upon this beautiful collection for Valentino even when I do view it.

I love feminine and romantic pieces, and this was an entire collection of looks that evoked delicate and ladylike moods. Each dress was more beautiful than the one before it, rendering it nearly impossible for me to select just a few favorite looks.



I am in love with this delicate, ladylike blouse. It is so sweet and demure, yet so versatile and powerful.


This beautiful dress reminded me of an earlier Valentino lace gown that both Gwyneth Paltrow and Jennifer Lopez wore variations of. I liked both of those dresses by Mr. Valentino very much, but I might like this one just a little bit more.



This dress is far too special for it merely to be referred to as a Little Black Dress.


Sasha Pivarova wears this carnation pink dress so beautifully. There is not a single thing that I would change about this look.


And, here we have my absolute favorite look from the entire show. How many trips to England would I have to sacrifice in order to add this gorgeous dress to my closet? Sigh. Waaaay too many...


I also adore this look from head to toe. The delicately placed ruffles on this dress remind me of ta scene in "Valentino: The Last Emperor" in which Valentino is seen quarreling with Giancarlo over the placement of the ruffle bands on a strapless white dress. Valentino wants there to be spaces between the ruffles; Giancarlo thinks it looks like there is a giant abyss in the dress. Surely you remember that scene?


Freja looks stunning in this elegant ecru dress. I also love the oh-so-delicate pop of color with the yellow shoes. This is exactly how I would want to look on my wedding day.


The closing look was another beautiful dress with diaphanous layers and a precious spark of color in the pink shoes. Pure perfection.

To see the collection in its entirety (which you definitely should!), head on over to style.com, the furnisher of these photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment