01 February 2011

Fashioning Twitter


I'm starting to wonder if I fled Twitter too hastily. I haven't missed Facebook one bit, but then again, Facebook didn't give me access to the musings of such fashion-people as André Leon Talley, Carine Roitfeld, Lauren Santo Domingo, Anna Della Russo, and models like Carmen Kass and Agyness Deyn. Granted, I only used Twitter a handful of times, but it was rather interesting to read the casual thoughts from such influential people in the industry.

Who else in the industry is on Twitter these days? Vogue.com just had a great post on that titled "Beauty is A-Twitter" by Ana Dragovic. Dr. Lisa Airan, for instance, is now tweeting. I've admired her since her very first Vogue appearance back in Amy Astley's piece, "The Doctor Wore Prada," in 2001. I always thought she seemed so cool. I loved that she was completely self-made, too. A Northwestern medical grad, she's now one of the most famous dermatologists in NYC, not to mention a fixture on the social and fashion scenes. Julie Macklowe, who has been profiled in Harper's Bazaar and featured in Vogue for her collection of ball gowns and high-end fashion, is also tweeting. Voguettes Meredith Melling Burke and Sarah Brown are also on Twitter, as are models Arlenis Sosa, Jessica Stam, Miranda Kerr, Coco Rocha, Hilary Rhoda, and Chanel Iman.

In just a few minutes exploring what tweets I could see without a Twitter account, I picked up news that Barneys NYC had appointed Amanda Brooks as the new fashion director (Is Simon Doonan still there?). I also came across this gem from TheLSD: "It's not so much the angry rhetoric in politics today, but the liberal use of "flair" on politicians' lapels that offends me so..." Finally- a statement on politics that actually interests me!

With all of the fun fashion quips on Twitter, I just might consider tweeting again!

No comments:

Post a Comment