27 June 2010

What I'm Coveting from J.Crew this Summer

I started shopping at J.Crew in high school and, honestly, really haven't bought much from the store since sophomore year of college. Lately, however, J.Crew has been entering my fashion radar too often for me to discount. Before Jenna Lyons took over as Creative Director, J. Crew was a virtual shopping cliche, filled with out-dated and tired looks from "The Official Preppy Handbook." Lyons, thankfully, has completely changed all of that, making J. Crew a beacon of style for the non-Nantucket set.

Here are some of my favorite looks for summer (and early fall):



The pieces that I get the most mileage out of tend to be tops like this one- bright, textured pieces that I can wear a million ways. This top could be worn under a skirt suit, layered over a tissue tee, worn belted, or worn with another bold shirt. J.Crew calls it the petal vine shell. I would call it perfection.



I adore this playful twist on Breton stripes. The red stripes and light sequin detail make it unique enough for me to want to wear it.



Blazers are staples in my wardrobe. I am particularly fond of this one because of the fit and whimsical Ikat dot pattern. The cost-per-wear of this blazer for me would be about a penny, because I would wear it so often.


The painted silk Bridget dress would also go the distance in my closet. It obviously works for summer, but I also foresee it working well with opaque tights and ankle boots or another type of structural heel. And I love dresses, especially elegant ones like this.


The floral fantasma clutch caught my eye instantly. I'm still not sure how I feel about it, but I love statement clutches like this one. The bag also gets bonus points for the use of bright, neon colors. I would probably get a lot of use out of this bag, even if it is a bit expensive for a clutch at $128.


No comments:

Post a Comment