16 July 2010

Retro Revival


The above photo is of my mother, grandmother, and grandfather. As soon as my mom showed me this picture, I knew that I wanted to share it on my blog. I love how their clothes are quintessentially seventies, but still "modern," a word that is so over-used today. I could picture myself wearing the print dress that my mom has on, maybe with tights and grommeted flats to give the dress a contemporary feel. The pants that my grandfather is wearing are a complete riot. I dare you to walk into any J.Crew store and not find a similar pair! And my grandmother, even though I have only met her three times, always exudes style, as she is in this photograph. In fact, I first learned about Chanel from her when I spotted her carrying a quilted bag at a family wedding. "What kind of bag is that?" I remember asking my mother. "That's a Chanel bag," she told me. I've been hooked on Chanel ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment