06 July 2010

Samantha Brown to Take on Asia


Somewhere in her youth or childhood, Samantha Brown must have done something good. Something really, really, really good. She arguably has the best job on the planet, a job that has her on the road traveling to some of the most exciting destinations in the world, and- here's the best part- getting paid to do it.

I've been a fan of hers since one of her earliest television shows, "Great Hotels," was on the air. At that time, I was a high schooler with wanderlust and an unyielding desire to see the world. Her show, "Passport to Europe," would only fuel the fire more. I've watched her travel to places I've visited myself (Barcelona, Brussels, Bologna, Edinburgh) and have enjoyed seeing her perspective on places I plan to visit (Beijing, Machu Picchu, Buenos Aires). And now Samantha Brown will be taking us to Asia, visiting Halong Bay, Saigon, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Kyoto, and Bali. Does she have the greatest job on the planet, or what?!

"Samantha Brown's Asia" premiers Monday, July 12th at 8:00 p.m. on the Travel Channel. I can't wait!

(** photo courtesy of the Travel Channel at www.travelchannel.com**)

3 comments:

  1. How much do I love that Sound of Music lead in? A lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel Channel is the bane to my existence. Too many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Em!

    I know what you mean, Candi. I'm probably more jealous of Samantha Brown than Anna at this point...insane!

    ReplyDelete