01 March 2011

The End of an Era



Well, it's official. John Galliano has been fired from Christian Dior over accusations of anti-Semitic comments. Who would have guessed that something like this would happen? I still can't believe how quickly this unfolded.

I have been hoping that there is more to the story than we are hearing, but after viewing the video of Galliano making those statements, I just don't know. I am deeply saddened to see Galliano's fantastic career come to an end (not to mention the ongoing defamation of his talent), but I'm even more disappointed to see someone I admired so much act in such a way. This is indeed the end of an era for many reasons.

I'm continuing to read up on this issue. There will no doubt be more discussion as it continues to develop.

(** image from style.com**)

No comments:

Post a Comment