17 January 2011

The Best of the Pre-Fall Collections

Besides the fabulous Nina Ricci collection for Pre-Fall 2011, there hasn't been a singular, complete collection that I have loved quite as much. In viewing the looks for pre-fall, I've come across bits and pieces that I have found interesting. Here are a few of my stand-out favorites:



I am so fond of this sophisticated look from Valentino! My adoration stems mostly from that glorious leather jacket, but I also really love the trousers, too.



This short, sequined dress by Matthew Williamson is just so much fun. I love it with those tan ankle booties, but I'd love to see it with textured tights and flats.



When Plum Sykes was on the prowl for what she deemed a "Forever Wardrobe," she turned to bespoke Stella McCartney for the suit and Giambattista Valli for the dress. Is there any wonder why? Valli's artfully-crafted pre-fall collection was filled with sexy dresses, tailored coats, and couture-like craftsmanship that you just can't find anywhere else. The above dress was one of my favorite looks.



I'm not sure about my overall impression of the Louis Vuitton collection, but I really loved the above looks. The collection clearly took inspiration from the 1920s (my favorite period!), with flapper-esque dresses and sequins. I'm still digesting everything, though.



Phoebe Philo did a terrific job over at Celine. This outfit has the classic conservatism of an English equestrian ensemble, with the subtle sophistication of a cool Parisian bon vivant.



I was really bamboozled by the Bermuda shorts and eclectic prints over at Proenza Schouler but I couldn't deny the beauty of many of the dresses (like this one) that they presented. Let's see what they turn out for the fall collections...



There honestly wasn't much that caught my eye from The Row, but this impeccable leather suit strikes me as the sort of investment piece that one could have in a closet for a lifetime.

(** photos from style.com**)

No comments:

Post a Comment