25 January 2011

Time for Spring Couture Already?

It's a little difficult to become excited about spring when there are mounds and mounds of snow outside. Yet, fashion constantly pushes us forward, ushering in season after season of new looks. I only just finished digesting the RTW shows, but it's already time for another round of collections. Ready or not, here's a brief glimpse of Dior Spring 2011 Couture.



My countrywoman, Magdalena Frackowiak (yes, she's Polish!), looks fantastic in this dark navy and pale blue dress. The styling, while reminiscent of Fall 2010 Couture, is still impeccable in my eyes.


Could anyone else picture the former Betty Draper in this ensemble? I love the structured jacket and pleats, but most of all, I am crazy about a cinched waist. Perfect!



This has a conservative playfulness about it that I can really appreciate. It's also incredibly feminine and delicate. Galliano's range never fails to astound.



This soft confection looks like it was made for the red carpet. Tailored to the knee, it's the perfect multi-purpose dress for the office, social engagements, travel, shopping, etc., etc. It can be next to impossible to find the utility in couture sometimes, but it is meant to be worn, yes?



I kept coming back to this metallic knee-length number. I particularly like the effect of the bubble on the skirt. I have a piece like that and it's one of my most-worn items.


And, the man behind the magic. Is John Galliano not the coolest person on the planet, or what? I don't know when or how, but I'm going to meet him someday.

To view Galliano's full collection for Dior Spring 2011 Couture, head on over to style.com, the site from whence these beautiful photos came.

No comments:

Post a Comment