11 January 2011

In Love With Nina Ricci Pre-Fall 2011

If the purpose of the pre-fall collections is to excite the buyers and pique their curiosity for the fall collections, then Peter Copping more than succeeded at Nina Ricci. He presented 19 chic, sophisticated, and wearable looks in a stunning palette ranging from bright tomato red to subdued navy. He also presented an outfit for every occasion in his client's life: the tailored skirt suit for the office, the whimsical and flirty cocktail dress for social engagements, the Red Carpet dress, and the edgy feathered look for the Carine Roitfelds among us. I can't come up with a single thing about this small collection that I dislike. Here are a few of my favorites:



This is how I picture my most fabulous self sauntering down rue Cambon in Paris. Trés, trés chic! And I love that red!



This ethereal look has remnants of Chanel in it. It strikes me as the perfect outfit for the ballet. I also adore the black shoes, which make it a bit edgier and pulled-together.



What a show-stopper! The lacy back of this dress is just exquisite- pure perfection.



This looks like the sort of eclectic frock Natalie Portman would wear to a premier or awards show. I'd love to wear it out on the town!



This might be my favorite look from the collection. I love the layered chiffon tiers, and there's something about that hat that just pulls the entire look together.



No, this is my favorite look from the collection. Undeniably chic and oh-so Parisian.

Peter Copping had pretty big shoes to fill in replacing Olivier Theyskens, but he has lived up to the challenge yet again. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us with the fall collections!

(** photos from style.com**)

No comments:

Post a Comment