10 January 2011

"The Warhol Treatment"


By now, I'm sure just about everyone has seen Tatler's February cover of Kate Middleton receiving, artistically, what has been dubbed "the Andy Warhol treatment." (I think the Daily Mail first came up with that one?) I googled the phrase "Kate Middleton Tatler cover" in images and was overwhelmed with a screen of Kate's lovely faces in pink, yellow, and green. This image is everywhere.

Iconography aside, I love this cover. It's one of the best Tatler covers I've seen in awhile and it's one of the most memorable magazine covers in the past few years, too. It's eye-catching and Kate looks fantastic. Tatler definitely struck gold with this one. I doubt many people in the U.S. read this British gossip + fashion + society magazine, but plenty will start. I haven't bought an issue of Tatler in a few years (no particular reason), but I'll certainly be racing to the newsstand to buy the February issue!

No comments:

Post a Comment