21 May 2010

Mixed Prints Galore in Venice!



There are so many different colors, patterns, prints, and textures at work in this photo that I barely know where to begin! For starters, the photo was taken in our hotel in Venice, the Hotel Messner, located within minutes from the Accademia, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, and the Santa Maria della Salute at the mouth of the Grand Canal. The walls were upholstered in an ersatz Venetian print in mustard and burnt orange. The stripes of the comforter are also competing with the bold prints on the walls and the high wood-beamed ceilings. Quite a room for the price we paid! (It also had a small study off to the side.)

And then there is my outfit. I wanted to see how my new scarf worked with other prints. The scarf was purchased in Bologna for eight euros. I love the navy, purple, and black hues in it, along with the fringe on the ends. Very versatile! I'm wearing the new scarf over a printed cardigan from Thakoon for Target, which is probably my favorite sweater/ top ever. That is worn over an emerald pima cotton t-shirt from Banana Republic and Express jeans. I can't tell if I'm wearing my tall gray boots (flat heel, of course!) or pink and white Gola trainers here.

When you're in an artistic city like Venice (hello, Peggy Guggenheim!), it's ok to be a little more eclectic and bold than you would otherwise. Though, this is something that I would wear just about anywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment