24 May 2010

Wedding Bells Ring at J.Crew's New Bridal Boutique

With wedding season upon us, it seems fitting to report that J.Crew will be opening its first bridal boutique in Manhattan this summer. J.Crew's stunningly comprehensive bridal collection is available on-line and by special appointment at certain boutiques in Georgetown, Seattle, and Chicago, to name a few. Now, for the first time, a full bridal boutique will be available at Madison Avenue and 66th Street.

I've been a big fan of J.Crew's bridal collection since the company began delving into the wedding industry a few years ago. The dresses are available in a full range of designs to suit every size and shape. Most important, though, there is a dress that will fit into every bride's budget, with dresses ranging in price from $500 to $3000. The masterminds behind the bridal line have also created apparel for the entire wedding party. There are dresses, shoes, and accessories for bridesmaids, flower girls, the groom, groomsmen, and the ring bearer. J.Crew has even added a line of clothing befitting a tropical honeymoon. In short, it is as all-inclusive as one can hope to find in the wedding world.

Here below are a few of my favorite dresses from the line.


The silk duiponi rosette dress, coming in at $2000, is available in both ivory and blush. When I first saw the dress in ivory, I was not a fan. However, the dress in blush (above) might just be my dream dress. I am in love with this gown.


The chiffon and organza dune gown, at $895, is another one of my top picks from this line. I absolutely adore the asymmetrical floral details and the fact that the dress is not strapless. I can not wear strapless gowns, so the fact that J.Crew offers a wide variety of gowns with straps (and other details) is a huge selling point for me.


The silk tricotine Gracie gown is simple and elegant. At under $500, it is supremely affordable too. I think this dress would be perfectly accessorized with a glittery broach and stand-out shoes. (Kate Spade wore bright green shoes on her wedding day!)


I wasn't sure about the high neckline of the slub silk Penelope gown ($675) at first, but it is starting to grow on me. I think this dress would flatter thin and tall frames very well. It is also romantic and conservative at the same time.


For the thoroughly modern bride seeking to channel Carolyn Bessette Kennedy, look no further than the crepe Mimi t-shirt gown ($595). I think this dress would be stunning with a dramatic necklace or chandelier earrings.


If you are in the market for a wedding dress, I would consider J.Crew. The website also offers a variety of useful resources including terminology explanations, color swatches, and more. Check out www.jcrew.com for more details.

(**All photos are courtesy of www.jcrew.com**)

No comments:

Post a Comment